As an active member, you have the opportunity to be a part of the various committees that support the league’s efforts in fundraising for the annual scholarships awarded and ultimately increasing the number of Latinos pursuing higher education.
The Membership Committee is comprised of the Vice President of Membership. The duties of this committee shall include:
- The recruitment, orientation and retention of all new and renewed members to the purpose and program of the organization.
- Publication of the Membership Directory which shall include the names of all members in good standing at the time of publication deadline.
- Distribute copies of the current By-Laws, Policies and Procedures/Membership Packets.
Fashion Show Committee:
The Fashion Show Committee is comprised of the Chairperson and at least five members. It shall be the duty of this committee to implement an annual event for the purpose of raising funds specific to scholarship awards.
Historian shall maintain and chronicle the League’s accomplishments and activities for the year by collecting and organizing pictures, programs and newspaper articles about the League and its members. The Historian shall use a book format (scrapbook) to chronicle each year
Ways and Means Committee:
Ways and Means Committee shall be comprised of the Chairperson and at least two members, it shall be the responsibility of this committee to implement small events or activities for the purpose of raising funds for the operational needs of the organization.
The Scholarship Committee is comprised of the Chairperson and at least five members. It shall be the duty of this committee to review scholarship requirements and applications according to committee guidelines. The total amount of scholarships to be awarded will be determined by the funds available, recommended by the Scholarship Committee and approved by the membership.
Adelante Mujer Hispana (student) Conference Committee:
The Adelante Mujer Hispana (student) Conference Committee is comprised of the Chairperson and at least five members. It shall be the duty of this Committee to implement a multigenerational career and education conference with focus on high school students. This is not a fundraising event.
- The Sunshine Committee shall be comprised of the Chairperson and two members who will help spread sunshine in times of need, difficulty, or sorrow.
- The Committee will send congratulations, sympathy or care and concern to members, immediate family members, or community supporter, and will determine an appropriate form of expression (i.e., plants, flowers, or other small cheerful gifts or cards) not to exceed $50.00 and not to exceed the maximum budget.